Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Overindulging

Overindulge :
o·ver·in·dulge (ō'vər-ĭn-dŭlj')
To indulge excessively.

And I couldn't be happier.

It all started with a long night of too much sleep which I sorely needed. After taking a friend home who had stayed overnight, I decided that it was time to take a little time for myself.

I started with a coffee from my favorite haunt, Beans and Brews, and took a drive up to Big Cottonwood Canyon. I spent an hour sitting on the hood of my car in a little place off the beaten path about halfway up the canyon. I had one of my mixed CD's playing, and wrote in my journal for most of the time, then I just laid back with my eyes closed and soaked up some good ol' vitamin D.

When I finally packed up to leave the canyon, it was already about four o'clock. I figured I would go grab a little bit to eat, but as I was passing Sugarhouse Park on my way back in, I decided I hadn't had my fill of the chilly Autumn air. I found a picnic table right next to the little creek that runs through the park and read a new book that a new friend suggested to me. He was right, Eragon the book far surpasses Eragon the movie. I am enthralled and can not wait to finish this and the next two in the series.

Now? My husband is home from work, finally, and we are going to go out for a date. Dinner, a movie perhaps, maybe bowling, maybe mini-golf... Who knows? All I can say is...

It was a good Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment